Welcome back to the Richer Picture blog!
Over the next six weeks, we are going to discuss the essential questions of setting up digital badges and portfolios.
We’ll follow the outline of my new book, Demonstrating Student Mastery with Digital Badges and Portfolios. Each week, we’ll talk about a different chapter:
- Chapter 1. Setting the Vision
- Chapter 2. Defining Badges
- Chapter 3. Creating Portfolio-Worthy Tasks
- Chapter 4. Effective Feedback with Schoolwide Rubrics
- Chapter 5. Tours: Student Presentations of Portfolios
- Chapter 6. Creating a Badge- and Portfolio-Friendly School Culture
I’ll post a short item here in our blog, and you’ll be able to contribute to the conversation in the comments. (If you are coming to this page after the original study session dates, please feel free to add to the conversation anyway! We’ll keep checking this site over time.)
We hope you’ll share your thoughts about what works for you, what obstacles you might face in your setting, and how you have been able to overcome them. Everyone is welcome!